Right decisions regarding career goals
The most difficult issues you are likely to face especially at this age are identifying what you want to do. Even if it seems that you know, many doubts may still be in the back of your mind if this career choice is the one for you.
Reaching clarity in those issues is essential before planning your career and setting goals. Although, having periods of your life where you are unsure is totally human. Often these periods just come and go, especially when challenging obstacles are faced. The key is to not give up so easily.
When you have calmed all your doubts and found a pathway you think you’ll most benefit from, is the time to choose the right career goals or objectives. Choosing the right career goal to sink into requires a great deal of soul searching. You need to question yourself and find honest answers:
- Am I making the kind of money I want to make?
- Does money even matter to me?
- Do I like what I’m doing right now?
- What am I passionate about?
- What could I be doing to make me happier than I am right now?
- Would that happiness be temporary?
- What is stopping me from making extra time between studies and keeping myself busy?
- What is stopping me from leaving this job and getting a better one?